10542 Fremont Pike
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center is located just off of Route 20 between the Holiday Inn French Quarter and Wal-Mart on Fremont Pike in Perrysburg, OH. Perrysburg Commons shares a campus with Heartland of Perrysburg, a skilled nursing center environment.
Perrysburg Commons offers month to month rent with no buy-in fees. We offer studio, one and two bedroom options to accommodate resident's needs. We welcome small pets.
Email or call us for more information or to schedule a tour.
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center offers six different spacious floor plans. Our one and two bedroom apartments offer kitchens with full-size appliances and our studios offer kitchenettes. All apartments are equipped with a number of safety features for your peace of mind.
- Special Studio
- Standard Studio
- Deluxe Studio
- Standard 1 Bedroom
- Deluxe 1 Bedroom
- Deluxe 2 Bedroom
All of our rooms feature:
- All utilities included (private telephone and cable excluded)
- Individual heat and air conditioning controls electric and water
- Smoke/fire detectors and sprinklers
- All maintenance repairs included
- Personalized Emergency Response Call System
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center offers an array of services to facilitate your needs.
Physicians: As resident stay in the comfort of their apartment and be seen with a number of our partner physicians. It is up to the individual resident to continue with their own physicians, or you may switch to our on-site family physician who visits once a week. We offer on-site podiatry, geriatric psychology, lab and x-ray service.
Rehabilitation: We offer physical rehabilitation and occupational therapy to improve your functional mobility and self care skills.
Housekeeping: Schedule Housekeeping and linen/laundry service, or use our laundry facilities.
Shopping: Personal shopper or local shopping services.
Transportation: Transportation to medical appointments (30 mile radius, 24 visits per year). Chauffeured transportation available.
Hospice: We support those who choose hospice care while residing at our community. You have a right to select whichever hospice company is right for you or use our parent company Heartland Hospice Services.
- Beautifully appointed dining room
- Continental breakfast 7 days a week
- Delicious made to order hot breakfast (Monday—Friday)
- Selective menus for lunch and dinner served in our dining room
- Variety of wine and beer served at every evening meal
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center offers a full range of services and a long list of amenities. Each resident receives four complimentary overnight accommodations each year in our fully furnished guest apartments, to be used for their out-of-town family members.
Perrysburg Commons offers their residents the privacy and comforts they deserve in their spacious apartment and beautiful common areas throughout the community.
- Private dining rooms for special parties
- Private lounges for visiting
- Beautiful courtyard
- Snack bar and beverage center
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Billiard's room
- Library/Computer lab
- Commons Cafe
- Community room
- Furnished guest suites
- Indoor secured mailboxes
- Daily newspaper delivery
- Daily social, recreational and cultural activities
- Religious activities
- Non-denominational chapel
Guardian Angel Program
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center has designed a program to help new residents adjust to their new home, as well as give them the opportunity to voice any needs or thoughts about how we can further improve the services we provide. Our administrative staff are assigned to a particular apartment and will ensure the resident is acclimated to the campus and our community. That staff member will look over you throughout your entire stay with us.
Heart's Desire Program
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center's Heart's Desire program has granted many of our resident's wishes since 1997. Heart's Desire is designed to enrich the lives of our patients, encourage them to take advantage of all that life has to offer and continue their active participation in the community. A Heart's Desire can be something daring or simple. What makes it special is that it is unique to that particular individual.
Perrysburg Commons Retirement Center will be happy to help you learn more about the Aid and Attendance program.
This program is a benefit offered through the Department of Veterans Affairs. It is a benefit for veterans and/or surviving spouses. The care and services we provide at our community will qualify you in receiving this benefit.
Aid and Attendance
The Aid and Attendance Benefit is a pension program offered by the Veteran's Administration to eligible veterans and their surviving spouses. This benefit can provide a significant monthly income to those who need assisted living or similar services. For many of our residents, this benefit program has enabled them to receive the care they need at a cost they can afford.
The Maximum Benefit Levels are:
$2,085.00/month for a veteran and spouse
$1,758.00/month for a single veteran
$1,130.00/month for a surviving spouse of a veteran
$1,380.00/month for a healthy veteran and sick spouse
- The veteran must have served at least 90 days of total service, with at least 1 day during a period of war (WWII, Korean or Vietnam).
- The veteran or spouse must have a physical or mental condition which requires the care or assistance of another person on a regular basis.
- There are income considerations, however, most people in assisted living communities qualify for the maximum benefit amount because their cost of the care is greater than their fixed monthly income.
- The VA does look at assets in making the determination, however, with proper planning most people can become eligible, regardless of worth.
- Unfortunatley, divorce makes a surviving spouse ineligible for benefits.
Processing and approval can generally take 4-8 months or longer. Once approved, the pension is paid directly to the applicant and is retroactive to the first of the month following the VA's receipt of the application.
Perrysburg Commons Monthly Community Diabetes Program Offerings
- Weekly blood pressure clinics
Every Wednesday @ 1:00 p.m.
- Review of medications by a Pharmacist
2nd Tuesday each month
Appointment only by calling (419) 874-1931
- Diabetes educational series
3rd Tuesday each month at 3:00 p.m.
- Exercise programs
Senior Stretch: Every Monday at 2:00 p.m.
Stretch and Balance: Every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
Walking Club: Every Tuesday/Friday at 1:00 p.m.
Chair Aerobics: Every Thursday at 1:15 p.m.
Yoga: Every Friday at 2:00 p.m.
- Diabetes Resource Center
Open Every Wednesday from 1:00—4:00 p.m. or
Appointment only by calling (419) 874-1931
- Diabetes and You booklet *
- Nurse monitoring—accuchecks/insulin injections *
- Specialized foot care by a visiting Podiatrist *
* Available only for those residing at Perrysburg Commons.